Belgian Bred, Irish Sport Horse Licensed
1994 bay, 16.2
Calvani – Wendekreis – Saygon
- Sire of Nations Cup Level Show Jumpers and 4* Eventers
- Brings an excellent temperament, movement and scope.
- 10th in the World Eventing Sire Rankings 2014
RAMIRO B’s pedigree shows a mixture of some Holsteiner jumping blood from the top sires ‘Caretino’ (sire of Casall la Silla 4th European Jumper Champs for RG Bengtsson) and ‘Caletto II’ (sire of Olympic gold medalist Classic Touch for Ludger Beerbaum) and some good old Hannovarian type & movement from ‘Wendekreis’ on the dams side, with some blood added from the BWP ‘Saigon’.
Ramiro B himself was an impressive showjumper on the Irish domestic circuit winning the 4-yr-old jumper championship at Dublin CSIO and winning up to domestic GP level. While at the international level he was 5th in the 3 star GP at Lons le Saunier and 6th in a 1m40 at Great Leighs CSI-A ridden by Edward Doyle.
Ramiro has produced many offspring already of International note:
In show jumping:
- ‘Heracross‘ ( Francis Connors) at 5 star level 4th 1m50 at Dublin CSIO & 5th 1m60 London-Olympia while at 3 star level winner of 6 bar class at Millstreet & 6th GP at Oliva.
- ‘Samgemjee‘ (Edward Doyle) at 5 star level 10th in 1m50 at Dublin CSIO, at 4 star level 2nd Nations Cup & 9th GP Lisbon CSIO, at 3 star level 2nd 1m40 at San Giovanni and 2 star level 2nd GP at Mullingar
- Titania B – Showjumper winning 1.30 classes.
- Heaven – Italian 7 yr old show jumping champion.
- Ramiro’s Gift – 6 yr old finalist at the Championship for Young Horses in Lanaken.
- Simply Be – 10th in the National 6 yr old Championships at Horse of The Year Show.
- Ramiro Cruise – 7yr old Champion at Auvers in 2014 now jumping 1.45m. Most recently Ramiro Cruise has been shining and now under Edwina Tops Alexander, the consistently impressive grey gelding will be seen on the Global Champions Tour.
With a wealth of horses competing at 3 and 4 star level, Ramiro B is undoubtably a proven sire of top level event horses. In the final 2014 rankings Ramiro B has moved to 10th in the WBFSH Event Sire World Rankings, based on the number of points his progeny have accumulated in International competition.
At top level eventing he’s produced:
- ‘Ballynoe Castle RM’ (Buck Davidson) US team horse & multiple big time performer including 3rd & 4th at 4 star Rolex Kentucky and at 3 star level winner at Richland, 2nd Carolina Int, Allenwood, Kalispell & Southern Pines, 3rd at Tallahassee, Unionville & Norwood and 4th at The Fork.
- ‘Noble Bestman’ (Laura Collett) at 4 star 40th in Burghley while at 3 star level6th at Belton Park, 8th Bramham Int and 9th at both Hartbury Int & Burnham Market Int.
- ‘Cooley Masterclass’ (Oliver Townend) winner at 3 star Ballindenisk & at 2 star Tattersalls.
- ‘Westwood Hercules’ (Joseph Murphy) 5th at 3 star Ballindenisk.
- ‘Tommy B Good’ (Denise O Brien) at 3 star level 20th Ballindenisk, while at 2 star level 4th Camphire Int & 11th Kilguilky Int.
Produces nice horses, with good attitudes, that jump well and are generally easy to train. Suits most modern mare types.
Ramiro B’s pedigree is a cocktail of some of the best jumping lines including Belgium Warmblood and Holstein.
Born in Belgium and produced in Ireland, with consistency in technique, genuine rideability and scope, he successfully competed internationally with Irish international rider Edward Doyle.
Important career results include; Indoor Champs Spring 1998 4 yr old finals – 1st, R.D.S. Dublin 4 yr old Championships Summer 1998 – 1st, Cavan 5 yr old class 1999 – 1st, Cavan 6 & 7 yr olds class 2001 – 1st, North Wexford Grand Prix 2002 – 1st, Dun Laoghaire Horse Show Grand Prix 2002 – 2nd place, Kerrygold Dublin Horse Show Grade A – 2nd, Blessington Show 2003 1.50m – 3rd. Top international placings include Longs de Saunier, France 2002 – 4th and Italian Grand Prix Pontedere 2002 – 1st.
With a wealth of horses competing at 3 and 4 star level, Ramiro B is undoubtedly a proven sire of top level event horses. In the final 2014 rankings Ramiro B has moved to 10th in the WBFSH Event Sire World Rankings, based on the number of points his progeny have accumulated in International competition.
Many of the strengths that Ramiro B showed throughout his career include his consistency in technique, scope, and excellent rideability. Theses are the traits that riders are now finding passed along to his offspring, valued and cherished qualities in a solid competition horse!