Below are some of the most frequently asked questions and answers about our Frozen Semen Horse Breeding Program. Click on the question to get the answer.
The procedure is this:
- Choose your stallion
- Determine how many doses you want to purchase
- Print out the contract or use our shopping cart
- Formula is # of doses x price per dose, plus $75 preparation charge; no deposit is required on tank
- Be sure to fill out the second page delivery instructions and give a Fed X account # or credit card # for the Fed X airbill.
- Check out online, Send me a check, money order, or pay thru PayPal.com the total of doses plus prep charge.
Frozen horse semen can be purchased at any time of the year. If it is “off” season, I will store the semen here at no charge until you are ready to ship it to your Vet.
I do not guarantee pregnancies, only the quality of the semen. I would not import semen that is less than 30%. It is just “industry standard” that 30% is the margin. If your Vet follows the thawing protocol that I send with the shipment, then the semen is fine, and you don’t need to freak out. An accurate post thaw motility can only be ascertained under the correct conditions and equipment. A cursory look at the semen in the field cannot be deemed accurate.